With new tires offering the utmost most in quality, condition, and longevity, is there a reason to buy used tires? Of course! Quality used tires, like the ones the TireZoo stocks, serve a purpose for thousands of our customers. There’s a long list of reasons to consider buying used tires, so we thought we’d share some of the reasons our customers have stopped by for used tires and what they have to say.
Cost of Used Tires Compared to New Tires
When you get down to it, cost is a factor for many families on a budget. Quality used tires with plenty of tread life left are a good option for those who can’t afford new tires at this time.
I am a single mom of two boys and on a budget and they put new wheels and tires on my car! I felt the prices were the cheapest around town!
Only Need One Tire
Sometimes you don’t need to replace all your tires. Maybe you just purchased a set of new tires, but had a blow out on one tires. The TireZoo can help you match your existing tires with a used tire so you don’t have to replace all four.
I just bought used tires for the first time in my life, and I can’t believe what I’ve been missing.
Vehicle is Ready to Expire
If you’re driving an old beater, then chances are you’re doing so to get the most out of your initial investment. You aren’t interested in sinking money into a new set of tires, and you doing have to. Used tires are a great option for a high mileage vehicle.
A Lease Situation
If you don’t own your vehicle, but rather are leasing one, used tires can be great solution. If your leased vehicle is due in the next couple months and the tires are worn, we can help you find tires that will pass lease inspection.
A friend recommend I check out tirezoo.com. I got four new “used” tires, 85% tread life for a great price.
Front end issues can be costly, and maybe you can’t afford the repairs right now. Putting the extra wear and tear on used tires is better than on a new set that you’ll need to replace too soon.
Hard on Tires
Maybe you have teen drivers that are hard on your tires, or you work in an industry where driving over a nails is common. If you’re hard on tires and end up blowing them out before the tread wears out, used tires are a viable option.
My son’s minor mishap bouncing off a curb caused rim and wheel damage. I was VERY pleased with the repair costs and service from your Bloomington facility. It was one of those times I was stressed yet couldn’t have been happier with my experience with you.
Many times we have “like new” take off sets, and people just want to save money. Why not?
I bought my first set of used tires from the TireZoo, and found out how good used tires can be; and how much I can save. They are very trustworthy and fast.
Did you know? The Tire Zoo offers a 30 day warranty on all used tires. If buying quality used tires meets your needs, then experience the savings at the TireZoo!
The term “used tires” doesn’t necessarily mean there is much about the tires that is used. While some quality used tires have less life left than others, many tires we sell are extremely high quality and are like new. The TireZoo has over ten thousand used tires in our inventory, and our tire technicians are skilled at checking over tires for any issues and matching existing tires on a vehicle with a similar tread/life tire.
Because of this, many used tires available at the TireZoo have tens of thousands of miles left on them and can mean a significant savings for you. There are many benefits to buying new or used tires. Do you have a question we can answer about used tires? Need to know if we have something in stock? Give us a call in Bloomington, MN 1-800-761-2013 or Anoka, MN 1-800-421-2037
Checking your tires is critical!
Your tires will tell you more than most people realize.
Check the front tires first- Turn your tires sharp to one side and look at the tire wear. Are they worn evenly? If so, check the tread depth. To do this, use a penny and place it in the tread of the tire with Lincoln’s head down. The tread should be at least to his ear for a long trip (this would be about 50-60% life remaining).
If you have irregular tread wear, here are some possible symptoms:
- If the tires are worn on the inside and outside edges they have been run under inflated.
- If the tires are worn in the center, but outsides are good, they are over inflated.
- If the tires are either worn on the inside or outside edge, your vehicle needs to be aligned.
- If the tires are worn unevenly with bald spots, are cupped, or scalloped, it could be tire balance , alignment, or week shocks. If you are in need of an alignment you should replace the tires before getting the vehicle aligned.
Next, follow these additional reminders for a safe family road trip:
- Change your oil and all filters.You should also have your coolant and A/C checked.
- Have your battery load tested and terminals cleaned
- Check all the drive belts and hoses for any signs of wear and deterioration. Belts that are frayed, glazed, cracked, cut or have chunks missing should be replaced immediately. With the engine off and cold, look at each hose and see if there are leaks, bulges, cracks, or swelling. If they look good, give them a squeeze test. Hoses that are in good condition are firm but flexible. Any hoses that feel brittle or too soft should be replaced.
- Brakes: If you hear any grinding noises or feel unusual vibrations when you apply the brakes, or if the vehicle pulls to one side, take the vehicle in for a comprehensive checkup. It would be a good idea just to have your brakes looked. You definitely don’t want to worry about replacing your brakes 1,000 miles into your trip!
- Aspirin is always a good idea, right?
Safe travels from the TireZoo! Let’s us know if we can help with new or used tires to get you through your road trip. 1-800-421-2037
Is it time to sit down and have the talk about where used tires come from?
With somewhere around the area of 15,000 used tires in stock, the TireZoo is one of the largest used tire dealers in the US. There’s something special about being able to provide used tires, and here’s why: Unless you have a vast inventory of used tires to select from, chances are you won’t be able to help someone match a sole tire exactly. But we can!
The TireZoo receives high quality used tires from other tire dealers who aren’t able or willing to stock such a large supply of used tires. Many places that sell new tires aren’t able to sell used tires. We are able to step in and help out. We take the used tires, and make them available to people looking for quality used tires or to match/change out a specific tire with the exact percentage of remaining tread. Yes, it can be done!
We also get quality used tires from auto dealerships. Many times dealerships take in a trade, but change out the tires with all new tires. This leaves excellent used tires; used tires needing a place to go. That’s where we come in.
Stop by and check out our zoo; The Tire Zoo!